Senior Research Associate(s) Cell Biology and Pharmacology
Citryll is a biotech company, located in the Pivot Park in Oss, The Netherlands. Citryll is taking a new approach to treat autoimmune and other human diseases like Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE), Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA), and others by specifically extinguishing the source of autoimmunity instead of broadly suppressing the acquired chronic inflammation.
Neutrophil extracellular traps (NETs), are part of the innate immune defense mechanisms but become pathogenic when their release is abundant and uncontrolled. Citryll’s lead tACPA (therapeutic anti-citrullinated protein antibody) program binds to N-terminal citrullinated epitopes on histones present in NETs and interferes with NET formation, function, and clearance downstream of the protein citrullination pathway. Inhibition of NET formation reduces the exposure of autoantigens and toxic histones to the extracellular environment, leading to a decrease of proinflammatory mediators. We believe that drugs that block NET-based autoantigen production have the potential to create game changing new treatments to prevent or treat autoimmune diseases, including SLE and RA.
Citryll has now nominated clinical development candidate CIT-013 and is developing CIT-013 towards proof of concept SLE phase 1b clinical studies. The laboratory activities in Oss include the development and optimization of biomarker assays for monitoring the clinical trial, cellular pharmacology and detailed mechanism of action studies as well as studying new therapeutic applications.
You will work in a small team of scientists and technicians, and participate in:
- Development and validation of (biomarker) assay
- Unravelling CIT-013 mode of action
- Research new therapeutic applications
- Troubleshooting with respect to method development and initiation of improvements
- Supporting and maintaining of general laboratory activities
- Presentation of experimental results and writing of development reports
- Full-time position (40 hours per week)
Competencies, qualifications and skills
- BSc (HBO) or MSc (WO) degree in life sciences or related discipline
- At least 5 years of experience in a biotech or pharma company
- Experience with assay development of standard immunological techniques like ELISA and flow cytometry.
- Experience with mammalian cell culture, DNA cloning, SDS-PAGE, and Western blotting is a pre
- Excellent technical writing and oral communication skills in English
- You are an accurate, flexible, quality-minded person that shows initiative and is able to work well in a team, as well as independently. You are goal oriented and result driven.
- You like to work in the environment of a dynamic biotech company where quality, speed, motivation, team spirit and results are of the utmost importance to be successful.
Citryll is located at the Pivot Park in Oss, The Netherlands.
Please send your CV and a short motivation letter using the contact form on the Citryll website as well as for informal enquiries concerning this position.