Senior Scientist bioanalytical assay development
Citryll is located at the Pivot Park in Oss, The Netherlands., birthplace of Keytruda and other successful innovative medicines. Citryll is taking a new approach to treat human diseases like Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE), Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA), vasculitis, fibrosis, and others by specifically extinguishing the source of autoantigens and proinflammatory activities instead of broadly suppressing the acquired chronic inflammation.
Neutrophil extracellular traps (NETs), are part of the innate immune defense mechanisms but become pathogenic when their release is abundant and uncontrolled. Citryll’s lead tACPA (therapeutic anti-citrullinated protein antibody) program binds to N-terminal citrullinated epitopes on histones present in NETs and interferes with NET formation, function, and clearance downstream of the protein citrullination pathway. Inhibition of NET formation reduces the exposure of autoantigens and toxic histones to the extracellular environment, leading to a decrease of proinflammatory mediators. We believe that drugs that block NET-based autoantigen production have the potential to create game changing new treatments to prevent or treat autoimmune diseases, incl. SLE and RA.
Citryll has nominated a clinical development candidate that will be developed towards a proof of concept clinical study. To monitor these clinical studies, CMC- and PK-assays as well as various biomarker detection assays will be needed. Within the team responsible for assay development for pre-clinical and clinical research and development, you will actively participate in the development and in-house validation of these assays and provide specific expertise to the technicians. You will write necessary documentation, transfer methods to CMOs and CROs, and check compliance with GXP and regulations.
You will work in a small team of scientists and technicians, and participate in:
- Development and validation of CMC, PK and biomarker assays
- Troubleshooting with respect to method development and initiation of improvements
- Interacting with and transferring biomarker assays to CMOs
- Ensure compliance with GXP and regulations
- Managing technicians
- Write needed documentation
- Supporting and maintaining of general laboratory activities
- Full-time position (40 hours per week)
Competencies, qualifications and skills
- At least 5 years of experience in a biotech or pharma company developing biomarker and other assays.
- Recent graduates or academic postdocs cannot be considered
- You are or will be allowed to work in the EU. Please do not apply if you cannot work in the EU.
- Ph.D. degree in life sciences or related discipline
- Experience with immunological assay development (ELISA and flow-cytometry), validation and transfer to a CMO
- Extensive knowledge of compliance with GXP and regulations
- Excellent technical writing and oral communication skills in English
- Capable of working with tight deadlines
- You are an accurate, flexible, quality-minded person that shows initiative and is able to work well in a team, as well as independently. You are goal oriented and result driven. You show ownership and are able to present your work.
- You like to work in the environment of a dynamic biotech company where quality, speed, motivation, team spirit and results are of the utmost importance to be successful.
Citryll is located at the Pivot Park in Oss, The Netherlands.
Please send your CV and a short motivation letter using the contact form on the Citryll website as well as for informal enquiries concerning this position.