Senior Scientist biomarker assay development
Neutrophil extracellular traps (NETs), are part of the innate immune efense mechanisms but become pathogenic when their release is abundant and uncontrolled. Citryll’s lead tACPA (therapeutic anti-citrullinated protein antibody) program binds to N-terminal citrullinated epitopes on histones present in NETs and interferes with NET formation, function, and clearance downstream of the protein citrullination pathway. Inhibition of NET formation reduces the exposure of autoantigens and toxic histones to the extracellular environment, leading to a decrease of proinflammatory mediators. We believe that drugs that block NET- based autoantigen production have the potential to create game changing new treatments to prevent or treat autoimmune diseases, including SLE and RA.
Citryll has nominated its tACPA clinical development candidate and development towards proof of concept phase 1b clinical studies jas commenced. To monitor the effect of tACPA, various biomarker detection assays are being designed, developed and validated. Within the team responsible for biomarker assay development for pre- clinical and clinical research, you will actively participate in the development of these assays and provide specific expertise to the technicians. You will write necessary documentation, transfer methods to CMOs, and check compliance with GXP and regulations.
You will work in a small R&D team and participate in:
• Development and validation of (biomarker) assays
• Troubleshooting with respect to method development and initiation of improvements
• Interacting with and transferring biomarker assays to CMOs
• Ensure compliance with GXP and regulations
• Managing technicians
• Write needed documentation
• Supporting and maintaining of general laboratory activities
• Full-time position (40 hours per week)
Competencies, qualifications and skills
• Ph.D. degree in life sciences or related discipline
• At least 5 years of experience in a biotech or pharma company
• Experience with immunological assay development (ELISA and flow-cytometry), validation and transfer to a CMO
• Extensive knowledge of compliance with GXP and regulations
• Excellent technical writing and oral communication skills in English
• Capable of working with tight deadlines
• You are an accurate, flexible, quality-minded person that shows initiative and is able to work well in a team, as well as independently. You are goal oriented and result driven. You show ownership and are able to present your work.
• You like to work in the environment of a dynamic biotech company where quality, speed, motivation, team spirit and results are of the utmost importance to be successful.
Citryll is located at the Pivot Park in Oss, The Netherlands.
Please send your CV and a short motivation letter using the contact form on the Citryll website as well as for informal enquiries concerning this position.